POWERbreathe EX1-Medic EMT Device Is Recommended For:
- Patients who need to forcefully empty air from their lungs.
- Patients with dysphagia and dysarthria (difficulty swallowing & speaking).
- Older adults with reduced expiratory strength due to advancing age.
- An easily adjustable ‘light’ expiratory load.
- Comfortable Mouthpiece with inside bite tabs as well as an outer flange to keep it in place and provide a tight seal around the lips.
- Easy identification and precise adjustment of expiratory load using the 0 – 10 training levels.
- An ergonomic design that is to be held vertically so that the user doesn’t accidentally obstruct the airflow.
- An easy-to-clean design.
What Is POWERbreathe Expiratory Muscle Strength Training (EMST)?
POWERbreathe EMST breathing devices use expiratory pressure threshold loading to exercise the expiratory muscles. This is also the method of breathing training that is used in the POWERbreathe Medic Inspiratory Muscle Training (IMT) device that is approved for prescription in the UK by the NHS. It is also the most widely studied type of breathing training and now the most used.
The POWERbreathe EX1-Medic features an internal, precisely calibrated, adjustable spring that provides the breathing load to the expiratory muscles.