POWERbreathe EX1-Medium EMT Device Is Recommended For:
- Amateur athletes to optimize their breathing technique, sports performance, and recovery.
- Wind musicians to improve breath support and control.
- Singers to improve breath management for longer air supply, greater stability, and agility.
- This ‘medium’ resistance calibrated spring offers adjustable load training at a ‘medium’ intensity.
- A comfortable mouthpiece provides a tight seal around your lips thanks to the bite tabs and outer flange.
- The 0 – 10 training levels provide precise adjustment of expiratory load.
- The ergonomic design means that there’s no chance of accidentally obstructing the airflow and the device is held comfortably in the vertical position.
- Its design also makes it easy to clean and keep hygienic.
What Is Expiratory Muscle Strength Training (EMST)?
Whereas POWERbreathe Inspiratory Muscle Training (IMT) trains your inspiratory muscles to become stronger, Expiratory muscle training (EMT) targets your expiratory muscles to become stronger. EMT exercises your expiratory muscles, including your abdominals. Your expiratory muscles are the ones you use when you forcefully breathe out, such as coughing, during extreme exercise, singing or when playing a wind instrument. The stronger they are, the more endurance they will have.