CHOOSE POWERBREATHE K5:
- For inspiratory muscle training (IMT), testing, warm-up, cool-down, graphical results, and advanced Breathe-Link Live Feedback Software
- For a max of 30 user/client profiles - 1200 stored sessions per user
- Auto-optimising IMT - automatically adapts to your training requirements
- Training Intensity - can be set to ‘auto’ or ‘manual’ for increasing/decreasing load intensity (cmH2O)
- Training Guidance - guides you to breathe at an appropriate rate
- Training Results - scroll between results for Load, Power, Volume, Flow and Energy
- Single Breath Test - measures inspiratory muscle strength, peak inspiratory flow rate and inhaled volume in a single breath
- Warm-up & Cool-down - automatically sets the optimal resistance for inspiratory muscle warm-up and cool-down
- Training History - displays a graphical history of your last 36 training sessions allowing you to review trends and previous personal best results
- Breathing Energy - measures the mechanical work of breathing during your breathing session
- Breathe-Link Software - Windows and Mac connectivity via USB enables real-time training and performance testing
- Breathe-Link Pro-View - use this for advanced, detailed, simultaneous plotting and analysis of all IMT data
- Breathe-Link Custom - allows you to create and upload your own personalised breathing training sessions
POWERBREATHE K5 FEATURES
BREATHE-LINK SOFTWARE FOR PC/MAC
The K5 is PC and MAC compatible, working on the following MAC OS. Mac software will only work for x86_64 bit architecture.
- Version 10.9: "Mavericks”
- Version 10.10: "Yosemite”
- Version 10.11: "El Capitan"
- Version 10.4: "Tiger"
- Version 10.5: "Leopard"
- Version 10.6: "Snow Leopard"
- Version 10.7: "Lion"
- Version 10.8: "Mountain Lion"
ABOUT POWERBREATHE IMT
POWERbreathe is a scientifically proven Inspiratory Muscle Training (IMT) device, developed by leading scientists for improving the strength and endurance of the muscles used to breathe in, primarily the diaphragm and intercostals / rib cage muscles.
As with any other muscle, respiratory muscles can be trained so that they are more resistant to fatigue. This resistance to fatigue results in reduced breathlessness and enhanced exercise tolerance.
ABOUT POWERBREATHE K-SERIES
- Third generation POWERbreathe Inspiratory Muscle Training (IMT) device
- World’s first electronic variable threshold resistance training device for adaptable, personalised training
- Simple LCD menu system for navigating through different settings and to view training results
- Rechargeable - recharging stand included
- Washable valve head and mouthpiece - DO NOT immerse the handset or expose it to running water
- Drug-free - no side effects or drug interactions
- 2010 Consumer Product Design of the Year
K-SERIES ELECTRONIC VARIABLE THRESHOLD RESISTANCE TRAINING
Breathing physiology indicates that when your lungs are empty the breathing muscles are at their strongest. However, as they fill up with air they start to lose strength and therefore at high loads they can’t maintain a full contraction throughout an entire breath.
The POWERbreathe K-Series uses Electronic Variable Threshold Resistance Training to overcome this. This type of training offers a tapered loading resistance to match the contraction curve of your own breathing muscles throughout your entire breath. This enables you to complete a full breath and muscular contraction at an optimal resistance.
The K-Series will automatically adapt to increases in your inspiratory muscle strength at the beginning of each training session.
MEASUREMENT VALIDITY OF POWERBREATHE K-SERIES
This study concluded that the K-Series device "provides automatically processed and valid estimates of physical units of energy during loaded breathing tasks..."
Measurement validity of an electronic inspiratory loading device during a loaded breathing task in patients with COPD.