POWERbreathe Inspiratory Muscle Trainer (Medic Plus) is ideal for:
- Patients with medical conditions such as COPD, Heart Failure, Asthma, Cystic Fibrosis, Phrenic Neuropathy and Neuromuscular Disease.
- Patients following thoracic surgery or ventilator weaning.
- Patients diagnosed with Breathing Pattern Disorders who perform minimal physical activity.
ABOUT POWERBREATHE MEDIC PLUS
POWERbreathe Medic Plus is a Inspiratory Muscle Training device (IMT) scientifically proven to strengthen the respiratory muscles, reducing breathlessness, improving exercise tolerance and enhancing quality of life in a wide range of patients. POWERbreathe Medic Plus is the second generation of POWERbreathe Medic RMT devices.
POWERbreathe Medic Plus Features:
- 65% improvement in airflow dynamics compared to POWERbreathe Medic Classic
- Pressure Threshold training
- Improved, more comfortable mouthpiece
- Easy, visible load adjustment (no need to remove cover as with Medic Classic)
- Mechanically adjustable variable load settings (9 - 78cmH2O)
BENEFIT TO PATIENTS OF USING THE POWERBREATHE MEDIC PLUS
These benefits were the findings of trials and research in which the original POWERbreathe Medic Classic was the intervention used.
- Increase in quality of life
- Reduction in drug intake by up to 75%
- Non-invasive treatment
- Drug-free with no side effects or drug interactions
- The first non pharmacological treatment for respiratory disease
- Clinically proven by a wealth of research
- Continuous research leads a program of development and new products
- Increases whole body’s capacity to undertaken activity or exercise
- Inspiratory Muscle Training (IMT) is part of the NICE guidelines for RMT
- Training adjunct for Pulmonary Rehab
- Can be used straight out of the box
USE AND CARE
HOW TO USE:
- Put the nose-clip on so that it pushes your nostrils together (this is optional but prevents you from breathing in through your nose).
- Breathe in quickly and forcefully through your POWERbreathe for 30 breaths twice a day (preferably morning and night so you allow your inspiratory muscles time to recover in between sessions). This is the scientifially proven training regimen.
- As your inspiratory muscle strength and stamina improve, adjust and increase the resistance.
- Within a few days your inspiratory muscles will feel stronger; within 3-weeks you’ll feel less breathless; and within 4 weeks activities will feel easier.
- Full instructions are provided in the accompanying user manual.
- Your POWERbreathe will be exposed to saliva during use. We recommend that a few times a week your POWERbreathe should be soaked in warm water for about 10 minutes (see your POWERbreathe Manual for full details).
- Once a week your POWERbreathe should be soaked in a mild cleansing solution instead of water, using the POWERbreathe Cleansing Tablets - only 1 tablet is required each time.