POWERbreathe Inspiratory Plus Medium Resistance (blue) is ideal for:
- People who perform more than 2.5 hours of physical activity per week and have no breathing difficulties.
- Athletes looking to enhance their breathing and sporting performance.
This model uses a variable load calibrated spring, which has 11 available levels, from the lowest load setting of 23cmH2O for when you begin training, up to a maximum load setting of 186cmH2O.
ABOUT POWERBREATHE PLUS IMT
POWERbreathe is a scientifically proven Inspiratory Muscle Training (IMT) device, developed by leading scientists for improving the strength and endurance of the muscles used to breathe in, primarily the diaphragm and intercostals / rib cage muscles.
As with any other muscle, respiratory muscles can be trained so that they are more resistant to fatigue. This resistance to fatigue results in reduced breathlessness and enhanced exericse tolerance.
POWERbreathe Plus uses scientifically proven Pressure Threshold Training. This provides a specific and consistent pressure to train against. When breathing in through POWERbreathe the load calibrated spring provides the resistance.
MEDIUM RESISTANCE LOAD SETTINGS
- Level 0 = 23cmH2O
- Level 1 = 39cmH2O
- Level 2 = 55cmH2O
- Level 3 = 72cmH2O
- Level 4 = 88cmH2O
- Level 5 = 104cmH2O
- Level 6 = 121cmH2O
- Level 7 = 137cmH2O
- Level 8 = 153cmH2O
- Level 9 = 170cmH2O
- Level 10 = 186cmH2O
Precise load settings may vary due to: (1) the analogue nature of the calibrated spring tensioner and the precision with which the load is selected; (2) a small effect of inspiratory flow rate upon spring compression such that high inspiratory flow rates lead to greater spring compression, and a small increase in load. This effect is common to all spring loaded devices, and its size is magnified by increasing spring range (it is larger in a spring with a maximum range of 90cmH2O compared with one with half this range), it is also greater at lower absolute load settings.
USE AND CARE
HOW TO USE:
- Put the nose-clip on so that it pushes your nostrils together (this is optional but prevents you from breathing in through your nose).
- Breathe in quickly and forcefully through your POWERbreathe for 30 breaths twice a day (preferably morning and night so you allow your inspiratory muscles time to recover in between sessions). This is the scientifially proven training regimen.
- As your inspiratory muscle strength and stamina improve, adjust and increase the resistance.
- Within a few days your inspiratory muscles will feel stronger; within 3-weeks you’ll feel less breathless; and within 4 weeks activities will feel easier.
- Full instructions are provided in the accompanying user manual.
- Your POWERbreathe will be exposed to saliva during use. We recommend that a few times a week your POWERbreathe should be soaked in warm water for about 10 minutes (see your POWERbreathe Manual for full details).
- Once a week your POWERbreathe should be soaked in a mild cleansing solution instead of water, using the POWERbreathe Cleansing Tablets - only 1 tablet is required each time.