Light Resistance - Green
CHOOSE POWERBREATHE PLUS LIGHT RESISTANCE:
- If you exercise / are physically active for less than 2.5 hours per week and have no breathing problems
- If you exercise / are physically active for less than 2.5 hours per week and have breathing problems - from minor to severe
- If you exercise / are physically active for more than 2.5 hours per week and have severe breathing problems
POWERbreathe Plus (Light Resistance) uses a variable load calibrated spring, calibrated to a Light Resistance. It can be adjusted from the lowest load setting (17cmH2O) when you begin training and increased as your breathing muscles adapt and become stronger (maximum load setting 98cmH2O).
ABOUT POWERBREATHE PLUS LIGHT RESISTANCE
- Second generation POWERbreathe Inspiratory Muscle Training (IMT) device
- 65% improvement in airflow dynamics than the Classic
- Mechanical, adjustable with load setting indicator
- Drug-free - no side effects or drug interactions
LIGHT RESISTANCE LOAD SETTINGS
- Level 0 = 17cmH2O
- Level 1 = 25cmH2O
- Level 2 = 33cmH2O
- Level 3 = 41cmH2O
- Level 4 = 49cmH2O
- Level 5 = 58cmH2O
- Level 6 = 66cmH2O
- Level 7 = 74cmH2O
- Level 8 = 82cmH2O
- Level 9 = 90cmH2O
- Level 10 = 98cmH2O
Precise load settings may vary due to: (1) the analogue nature of the calibrated spring tensioner and the precision with which the load is selected; (2) a small effect of inspiratory flow rate upon spring compression such that high inspiratory flow rates lead to greater spring compression, and a small increase in load.
This effect is common to all spring loaded devices, and its size is magnified by increasing spring range (it is larger in a spring with a maximum range of 90cmH2O compared with one with half this range), it is also greater at lower absolute load settings.
ABOUT POWERBREATHE PLUS IMT
POWERbreathe is a scientifically proven Inspiratory Muscle Training (IMT) device, developed by leading scientists for improving the strength and endurance of the muscles used to breathe in, primarily the diaphragm and intercostals / rib cage muscles.
As with any other muscle, respiratory muscles can be trained so that they are more resistant to fatigue. This resistance to fatigue results in reduced breathlessness and enhanced exericse tolerance.
POWERbreathe Plus uses scientifically proven Pressure Threshold Training. This provides a specific and consistent pressure to train against. When breathing in through POWERbreathe the load calibrated spring provides the resistance.
USE AND CARE
HOW TO USE:
- Put the nose-clip on so that it pushes your nostrils together (this is optional but prevents you from breathing in through your nose).
- Breathe in quickly and forcefully through your POWERbreathe for 30 breaths twice a day (preferably morning and night so you allow your inspiratory muscles time to recover in between sessions). This is the scientifially proven training regimen.
- As your inspiratory muscle strength and stamina improve, adjust and increase the resistance.
- Within a few days your inspiratory muscles will feel stronger; within 3-weeks you’ll feel less breathless; and within 4 weeks activities will feel easier.
- Full instructions are provided in the accompanying user manual.
- Your POWERbreathe will be exposed to saliva during use. We recommend that a few times a week your POWERbreathe should be soaked in warm water for about 10 minutes (see your POWERbreathe Manual for full details).
- Once a week your POWERbreathe should be soaked in a mild cleansing solution instead of water, using the POWERbreathe Cleansing Tablets - only 1 tablet is required each time.